“To be emotionally literate is to be able to handle emotions in a way that improves your physical power and quality of life and equally importantly, the quality of life of people around you. Emotional Literacy works for you instead of against you.”
What is Emotional Literacy?
- Do I already have it?
- Can I learn more?
- How will emotional literacy support me in life, work, and relationships?
- In my experience everyone has a foundation level of emotional literacy and it can benefit us all to just keep on building and building those skills.
- As we travel through life we continually experience a whole range of emotions and can add value to our lives by being present in these experiences.
- By learning and deepening our emotional literacy we become ‘alive’ to ALL of our emotions and more skilled at empathising with ourselves and others. We become more skilled in expressing our emotions in healthier and more helpful ways.
Many of us can recognise elements of emotional illiteracy within our lives. Emotional Illiteracy can manifest itself in so many unhelpful ways that will impact our life, work, relationships, as well as our emotional and physical health.
Some examples of emotional illiteracy are poor regulation skills, irrational or no decision making, difficulties creating and maintaining positive relationships, numbing of emotions using a range of unhelpful and unhealthy strategies, and lack of recognising our own or other emotional states.
With gaps in our emotional literacy we can also lack awareness or motivation to change and so our emotional illiteracy can deepen.
Who is this course for?
- This course is for any person who wishes to lay claim to their own emotions and become their very own Emotional Literacy Warrior!
- If you simply want to upskill your existing emotional literacy and add value to your life and the lives of those around you, then this is the course for you!
- If you believe some of the emotional illiteracy descriptions have shown up in your life and you are ready for some self-development, then this course will support that change!
- If you are raising, caring for, or educating children and teens and would love to have more emotional literacy skills to support both yourself and them, then this is the course for you!
"Pauline is great with kids (and adults), her funny and down-to-earth manner puts you at ease immediately..."
Testimonial, Coaching Client
What to expect?
Becoming an Emotional Literacy Warrior is an 8-session interactive online programme that will support you to identify and learn so much about your own and others emotional literacy.
A space to learn new things during each session, set goals and actions for your own development between sessions, and share experiences within the Emotional Literacy Warrior Community.
Each week Pauline will lead the group through an emotional literacy topic module to explore and provide a range of learning experiences to build knowledge and take every participant from where they are to where they need to be.
Pauline will guide the group to recognise the amazing skills already within them all. Building on these to add value to their existing emotional literacy skills as everyone works their way from one week to the next.
This will all be provided through the weekly sessions, ongoing private Facebook Group, and frequent support to keep everyone on track with the learning across the whole 8 weeks.
The Becoming an Emotional Literacy Warrior course is brought to you by Pauline Lawson, owner, creator, and life coach at EmotionALL Coaching and Wellbeing.
Pauline is an Emotions Life Coach and also a former educator and school leader of 20+ years. She draws on her years as an educator every day both personally and professionally. She spend a large part of her career developing and teaching emotional literacy to those she educated, supported, and led.
As an Emotions Life Coach Pauline now brings emotional literacy into her coaching, consultancy, and group coaching. Her understanding of emotions and how they make people tick is weaved throughout all of her work.
Pauline is truly committed to the fact that it is of benefit to us ALL to become Emotional Literacy Warriors and create emotional literate lives and societies, for ourselves and for those around us.
“I am an Emotional Literacy Warrior and it is my dream to share Emotional Literacy far and wide. My hope is that everyone has access to the knowledge and skills needed for themselves personally and to be able to ripple the positive impact into the lives of those around us all.”
Pauline Lawson, Emotions Life Coach
The world of self-development is scattered with buzzwords, many of which can create barriers to allowing everyone to feel they can access or engage fully in self-development learning.
As a former educator with a commitment to inclusion Pauline is committed to demystifying this by unpicking and digging deep around any self-development buzzwords and phrases, thus allowing every participant to feel safe and included in all learning opportunities.
As a common-sense coach Pauline will present the learning in a way that brings it into familiar frames of reference for all.
“Pauline has a great gift to say things in black and white...”
Testimonial, Coaching Client
Questions & Answers
Dates and Times
There is a choice of Tuesday daytime sessions at 11am-12.30pm OR Thursday evening sessions at 8pm-9.30pm.
- Intro and Tech Test (1hr) - Tuesday 31st August (11-12pm) OR Thursday 2nd September (8-9pm)
- Session 1 - Tuesday 7th Sept OR Thursday 9th Sept
- Session 2 - Tuesday 14th Sept OR Thursday 16th Sept
- Session 3 - Tuesday 21st Sept OR Thursday 23rd Sept
- Session 4 - Tuesday 28th Sept OR Thursday 30th Sept
- Session 5 - Tuesday 5th Oct OR Thursday 7th Oct
- Session 6 - Tuesday 12th Oct OR Thursday 14th Oct
- Celebration & Next Steps - Tuesday 26th Oct OR Thursday 28th Oct
If sessions are missed on a Tuesday then participants are welcomed to join in on Thursday evening sessions.
Delivery of Course
- Weekly 90-minute zoom session led by Pauline
- Zoom sessions will be will be a mixed style of powerpoint on screenshare, Zoom Break-out rooms, Q&A
- Groups between 5-10 in each group
- Access to closed Facebook Group for both daytime and evening groups together
- Facebook group will allow for sharing, celebrating, gaining accountability buddies, LIVE conversations, sharing of relevant contents, additional reading/watching suggestions, podcasts etc
- Questions can be posed by participants within the Facebook group for general or specific support
- Access to accountability buddies to support with your successes and areas for growth, your very own cheerleaders
- More personal questions can be messaged directly to Pauline and can be answered privately
What will YOU achieve by the end of this course?
- By the end of the 8 session course you will have spent each week weaving elements of emotional literacy firmly into your real life, adding value and building positive habits each day.
- You will be your very own Emotional Literacy Warrior with a lovely participation certificate to prove it.
- You will have opened the door to being alive to all your emotions and also feel safe and secure in listening to them
- You will be able to navigate those big emotions in healthier and more helpful ways
- You will notice a difference within and around your life, work, relationships , and certainly others will notice positive changes too.
- You will be able to share your skills and knowledge clearly and be able to support and scaffold others emotions too
"Everyone needs a Pauline in their life!"
Testimonial, Coaching Client
Want to find out more before you commit?
To find out more you are welcome to complete the contact form and I will get back to you by email, phone, or zoom.
Copyright © 2021 Pauline Lawson