- Regular term time 1hr community workshops in approx 6 week blocks
- Group activities to support learning in Emotional & Mental Wellbeing
- Bespoke packages can be created for schools and community groups for blocks or single sessions
- Suggested age group is 10-14 years
- A supportive Facebook group specifically for Parents and Carers of teens accessing workshops
"You have to be unique and different, and shine in your own way"
All of these 'Creative Coaching' workshops are planned in an age appropriate way using a range of approaches, skilfully blended to support the development of skills and knowledge through active learning approaches.
A safe and secure environment is provided for the teens to feel able to discuss and practice healthy ways to deal with the range of emotions they live with as they grow and mature.
Throughout a 6 week Workshop the teens will focus on specific areas of emotional development. E.g.
- Impulsivity & regulation strategies
- Recognising and working with their own emotions
- Recognising and working with the emotions of others
- Negativity Bias
- Essential Self-love & Self-care
- The Teenage Brain
- Mindfulness Approaches
- The Mental Health Continuum
- Goal Setting and Positive Habits
- Self-Esteem and Self-Belief
- Social Skills and Relationships
The Teens will learn through a range of mindful and educational approaches to support the development of a personalised toolkit
- Relaxation through visualisation, meditation, and quiet times.
- Healthy self and peer massage
- Breathing techniques and practice
- Calming stretching and movement
- Use of positive affirmations
- Developing kindness and gratitude habits
- Team-building activities and signifier crafts to take home to support home learning
Many will come back for future blocks and as I use my teaching skills to revisit the learning concepts in a range of different and age appropriate ways this allows skills and habits to build and learning to deepen for the teens.
Longer term attendance helps support teens and families to gradually transfer learning from the class and into their real lives and homes.
Classes hosted at Mind Body Midlothian,
Dalhousie Business Park, Bonnyrigg, EH19 3HY
7th May COVID UPDATE
Due to current Scottish Government COVID guidance,
infection control supports remain in place.
Copyright © 2020-21 Pauline Lawson